Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

Weekend Recap

We tried to pack as much fun into our last weekend of Fall Break as we could! 

We started out in the way the Harbin family likes to have fun: at the movies! The girls had been begging to see Goosebumps, and since I really wanted to see it, too, we went first thing on Friday. 



The movie was great, and I can definitely see it being a Halloween classic, but I'll warn you, it's got its scary parts. My girls were perfectly fine by the time the movie was over, but requested an extra nightlight for the next two nights. We're back to normal now!

After the movie, we went out for pizzas and selfies....




Caroline loved the Goosebumps movie so much that she asked if we could go get her a couple of the books at Book A Million. We did, and while I browsed around, I decided to jump back down the Outlander rabbit hole. I'm tellin' ya, these books are so immersive that I feel like I live half my life in reality and half my life in the 18th century! 


Saturday morning involved a trip to the gym and running a bunch of errands. #NoFun 

Caroline had been asking to go fishing for quite a while now, so Steve got up the gumption to take the girls to a friend's pond and see what they could catch. 



Ella Kate caught Moby Dick! 


Apparently, the big guy did NOT want to come off the hook, and Steve is in no hurry to take them fishing again after fighting with that thing. 

While Steve took the girls fishing, I got ready to go to the movies with my sister and our friends. We went to see Big Stone Gap, which was exclusively filmed in a small town just over the Virginia border. It's only about 45 minutes from here. It was so cool to see lots of local people and places in the movie! I even have a good friend of mine who was an extra in the movie, and was in the movie quite a bit. So neat! 


#MikeRingleyFanClub

Sunday, I woke up to this in our local paper...


That's my nephew Teagan right next to the trophy (#8). So proud of him!! #Superstar

We always try to make Sunday an at-home family day, and it mostly was. The girls had asked to have a little Halloween party of their own, though, so we invited over a couple of friends for some Halloween festivities. I made a big crockpot of chili, and the kids tie-dyed t-shirts, painted pumpkins, and made masks. There was supposed to be a costume parade, but we ran out of time. 

It was so much fun and I'm so glad we did it! We were having so much fun, in fact, that I didn't get any pics, except for this exceptionally cute one of our friends' fresh-out-of-the-oven baby girl! 


Isn't she so sweet?!? I bet you can almost smell that new baby smell, can't you?

Happy Monday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Pumpkin is the New Black. Powered by