Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Jamaica Day #3!

Steve and I woke up before Jeff and Leeann, and spent some time that morning lounging and taking in the beautiful scenery. 



Not that I'm well traveled or anything, but Jamaica by far had the prettiest water I'd ever seen! These pictures do not do it justice. I wish my photography skills were better so that I could share the true color and clarity with everyone! 





Once we met up with Jeff and Leeann and finished breakfast, we again headed out to the water. We had planned to do some of the water activities the resort offered, but the water was too choppy and they weren't allowing anyone out. That was pretty much true the whole time we were there, which was quite a bummer, since I was sooooo looking forward to learning to paddleboard, and going out on the Hobie Cats was one of our favorite memories of our trip to Sandals in St. Lucia 4 years ago. Luckily, Jeff loves to snorkel and brought his own face mask and snorkel. We snorkeled a bit right around the "burn box", but didn't see much. 



FYI- when you let Jeff take pictures, you end up with about 85 like the one below. 
#sideeye


Before you finally get a picture that's remotely usable. 


And this is Steve making fun of the infamous "girl pose". 





I've already mentioned the fact that we ate at Soy every night of our trip, but most days we also ate lunch at The Mariner. They had shrimp rolls that would knock your socks off! Plus, they had self-serve soft-serve. I wanted to stick my head under the dispenser and smother myself in chocolate/vanilla swirl. Instead, I settled for one of these. 


I mentioned in my first Jamaica post that we left Tennessee with snow on the ground. This was the temperature at in Ocho Rios, Jamaica that day. 

#Iaintmadatit


But see the wind on those days? That was our weather. Very warm, but windy and that made the water choppy. 



After our day in the sun, we headed back to the room to get ready for the beach party that night. I stopped to take a picture of this tree because I think it's SO cool! I just love that fan shape. It's hard to believe something like that grows naturally!


Another towel animal! I love them. Towel creativity always equals higher tips from me. 

#notetohousekeepingeverywhere


 That night the Ochi Beach side of the resort hosted a Jamaican beach party. Authentic Jamaican food, music, dancing, and entertainment. As we walked in, They chopped the top off of a coconut, poured rum in the top, and stuck a straw in it. 

#partyonWayne





I thought I had a bunch more pictures of that night, but evidently not. The coconut pics were about it, except for....

The ever-present waterfall picture... 


The next day was the most exciting day of our trip, so stay tuned!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Pumpkin is the New Black. Powered by