Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Super Bowl Saturday!

No mistake. Just thought I would get a post up about our Super Bowl "party" in time to give any other reader some inspiration. I wish now I had done a Super Bowl Party Favorites yesterday and saved my fitness edition for another day, but ah well. 

I love a theme, but for the life of me I couldn't come up with anything that I really wanted to do. I thought about a Starbucks theme (since they're based in Seattle), but people can only handle so much coffee flavored food. Then I thought about doing a Patriotic theme, but I feel like there's enough of that between Memorial Day and 4th of July. Steve is a master brisket-maker, and he wanted to do one for Sunday anyway, so I stole Teri's Super Bowl theme and we're doing Tex-Mex. Is it weird that I almost always want Mexican food with football? I have a Taco Dip that I make for just about every event we have, so that plus a brisket sort of lent itself to a Tex-Mex theme. 

Also, I really couldn't care less about the Seahawks or the Patriots, so...

#blah

They eat Tex-Mex in Arizona, right? 

Good grief. I could write a dissertation on the most ridiculous stuff. 

The Menu:

Steve's Famous Brisket
with Andrea's Famous Brisket Sauce




Touchdown Taco Dip






I made two since they were fairly small. 


Thinking of making some kind of signature cocktail, too, but that's probably going a little overboard. Probably just beers and Diet Cokes.

#breakfastofchampions


I will update this post with pictures once everything is ready. One more sleep until the Super Bowl! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Pumpkin is the New Black. Powered by