Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Gym Style with Victoria's Secret and Influenster

Recently I was gifted a Victoria's Secret Incredible Sports Bra and Knock Out Capri to review. I went to the Influenster site, filled out their user profile and a questionnaire, and I was selected to receive the Victoria's Secret VoxBox containing the bra and capris, plus several 25% coupons to share! I couldn't believe it! 

I have tried Victoria's Secret workout pants and sports bras in the past. In fact, the one bra I owned prior to this one is my very favorite sports bra of all the ones I own. And the workout crops I already owned are in constant rotation in my gym wardrobe. I expected nothing less than perfection when I tried these, and let me tell you, I was not disappointed. 

The first thing to notice about both of these products is the quality. The bra is made of a thick material, and immediately upon looking at it and feeling it you know this one will last through all sorts of wear and tear that the gym inflicts on your clothes. I'm a sweater, and all that sweat breaks down fibers in clothes quickly, but I don't have any fear of this bra wearing out before it should. I mean, no bra lasts forever, and certainly not one that is pushed and pulled and sweated all over creation. But this one will stand the test of time, I'm sure of it.  

The thing I like most about Victoria's Secret sports bras is that they are fashionable and still functional. They don't give you that uniboob look that most all sports bras give you; instead they keep the girls high and tight! Those little bra fairies over at VS sure are miracle workers! 


That being said, though, not everything can be 100% perfect. I do have one issue with this bra, and maybe it's not really the bra, but rather the chest that is trying desperately to fill this bra out. I got this bra in a 34B, which is the size I wear in VS non-sports bras. Now, mind you, I may be being generous with myself when I'm buying a B cup, but still. They fit well enough that I don't have any complaints. This bra, however. had a great deal of space at the top of it, between my skin and the cup. In fact, I could fit my whole fist in there. Obviously that means that I'm seriously lacking in the chest department, and that's certainly the case, but I don't have this issue with my other VS sports bra. It makes me feel like this particular bra could have been cut lower to accommodate us "itty bitty committee" girls. Or maybe have more lift from the bottom to lift my girls higher. I'm not sure what exactly the solution would be, and truthfully, it's not enough to keep me from wearing and enjoying the bra. Still, I have to mention it as a possible con if you are less blessed in the chest area like me. 



The pants are also very high quality. Again, the fabric is thick and durable, but not hot, and it wicks sweat well. I'm not sure how they make fabric that is thick but doesn't burn you up, but somehow they've achieved that goal. I wear a lot of top-of-the-line workout clothes, and these are truly comparable without the hefty price tag. 

The thing I like most about the pants is the same thing I like about the bra: how it makes me look. These pants do WONDERS for your backside, let me tell ya. Again those VS fairies take every effort to make sure their clothes are good-lookin' and make you look good, too.

 (Oops. Meant to get more of the booty so you can see what I mean. And pay no mind to the awful bed head.)

I did find that the waistband on these comes up higher than any other workout pants that I have, but I feel like that only serves to cover up any potential muffin-top issues that tighter pants can cause. 

I can't recommend Victoria's Secret's active line enough. They really are super high quality, and are going to last you for ages, even if you're in the gym 7 days a week. If you are interested in getting one of my 25% coupons, shoot me an email through my profile and I'll get one out to you! 

"This is a sponsored blog post. Influenster provided me with complimentary Victoria's Secret products to test and review as part of a contest."

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Pumpkin is the New Black. Powered by