Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday Favorites!


Happy Friday, y'all! 

Are you ready for the weekend???

My weekend will consist of lots of teenage girly screaming because of this little cutie:


I'm taking my niece and 2 of her friends to see Austin Mahone in Nashville. We got my niece meet and greet tickets, so she will get to meet him (for the 2nd time) and have her picture made with him (again). She loves Austin Mahone, but she's also starting to outgrow the hysterical craziness kind of fandom she used to have. Makes me a little sad. 

I'm linking up with Erika, Andrea, and Narci for my favorites this week!

1. Surprise, surprise. 


Momfessionals
My first favorite has to be all the fall B&BW scents I've been grabbing up! I devoted a whole post to it Wednesday, but I went back yesterday and loaded up on some fall body creams and shower gels, and ended up buying more hand soaps. I'm going to have the cleanest hands in the South! 

2. It's football time in Tennessee!!! 


My beloved Vols played an incredible game last Sunday against an expected-to-be-tough Utah State. Either I overestimated Utah or underestimated my Vols, but I was THRILLED at the end of that game!! I think this really is our year to turn things around!

Unfortunately we weren't able to go to the game, but this video was released showing a new tradition called the "Circle of Life". Just watching it gives me chills! 

Here's the link. For some reason the video won't embed. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7WvX_MzFQM

I expect another awesome game against Arkansas State this Saturday!!

It's also high school football season, and my nephew's team is struggling this year. He's playing great, but most of the rest of team are very young, and these first few games are really testing them. Tonight will be another tough game against a good school, so we just hope and pray for good sportsmanship and good health. 

I'm so very proud of my nephew and the leader he is on the field and off!!

BTW- This is a pic from a couple years ago. I took one of the two of us after the first game this year, but I look hideous. Not that this one is great, but it's an improvement. I'll see if I can get good one of us, because I'm sure this will be a frequent Friday Favorite! 

3. PSLs are back, baybay!!! 



Need I say more??


4. More pumpkin overload. 

Hope you're not getting tired of it, because I feel like I'm just warming up!!




My pumpkin spice grocery haul yesterday

The quality of these photos is astounding, huh?


5. The new Starz show, Outlander.



Is everyone else watching this? I watched the first episode and liked it so much I bought the first book. Read that (even though it's Harry Potter sized) and am halfway through the second one. There are 8 in the series, so I guess I'll be living halfway in 18th century Scotland for the foreseeable future! 


Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hello new blogger. Love the blog name and yes, I'm a pumpkin fan too.... don't know if I can top you though!!!

    <3 Sarita. www.itsagirlgirlworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Pumpkin is the New Black. Powered by